While professional pruning is important to the health of your tree, so is proper nutrition. Give your trees a helping hand with Mycorrhizae and Compost Tea !
Most plants extract their much needed nutrients from the soil with the help of a very beneficial micro-organism called "Mycorrhizal Fungi". This fungus has fine threads that branch out between soil particles. They extract phosphorus and other vital nutrients for themselves and in turn pass them on to your plants and trees.
Mycorrhizae Inoculation offers several benefits to the surrounding plants and trees:
- Improved Growth
- Improved Nutrition
- Improved Drought Resistance
- Improved Soil Structure
- Protection from Harmful Pathogens
In today's man-made environments, plants can be greatly stressed with concrete, asphalt, air pollution, top soil loss, and the absence of quality organic matter due to long-term use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. These increase the need of Mycorrhizal Fungus Inoculation for your trees' roots.
An Organic Compost Tea is suggested anytime the organisms in the tree's soil are not at optimum levels. Optimum organism levels can be reduced through loss of top soil, use of chemical-based pesticides, fumigants, and herbicides. In addition, some synthetic fertilizers kill a range of the beneficial micro-organisms that encourage plant growth.
An Organic Compost Tea that contains the proper balance of microbial life and soluble nutrients can greatly benefit your trees and plants.
- Improve plant growth by protecting plant surfaces with beneficial organisms.
- Improve nutrient uptake and retention in the soil . . . reducing the need for fertilizers,
- Reduce the negative impacts of chemical-based pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers on beneficial mico-organisms in the ecosystem.
- Reduce water loss by improving water holding in the soil.
- Improve tillage by building a better soil structure.